Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Five





1. We got hit with another snowstorm on Monday so I worked from home Monday and Tuesday. As much as I say I would love to work from home on a permanent basis I really don't think I would enjoy it everyday. I do actually like coming into the office and talking with my coworkers and getting a change of scenery. With that said in my ideal scenario I would love to work from home 2-3 days a week. Unfortunately it's not really an option at this point.

2. Kristian is doing well since his surgery. He's still dealing with pain and likely will continue to have pain for a while but it's gotten much better and he's been able to cut back significantly on his pain meds. He plans to go back to work on Monday and just ease back into things. It will be nice having him able to help out around the house again.

3. One of my husbands best friends is getting married 4th of July weekend down in the Outer Banks, NC. While we are both looking forward to a weekend beach trip for the wedding we are dreading the ridiculous holiday traffic we are bound to get caught in on the way there and back.

4. I finally finished reading the Divergent trilogy. Overall I enjoyed it. I definitely liked the first book the best and the third the least. I know there is a lot of strong opinions over how the series ended and without giving away too many spoilers I will say I was okay with WHAT happened but I didn't really like HOW it happened. Also, I think a lot could have been edited out of each of the books and still kept the storyline moving. All that said I do really want to see the movie later this month.

5. The other night we were eating dinner and Kristian looked at Hunter and said "I love Hunter" and Hunter replied "I love daddy!". So then I looked at Hunter and said "I love Hunter" and he replied "I love daddy!" I did it multiple times and got the same response everytime. I told him I would remember that the next time he asked me for candy. Punk!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad your husband is doing well, and hope he continues to feel better. I'm making my way through the first Divergent book and think it's OK, but still not can't-put-it-down exciting yet. Maybe I'll keep getting more into it as I go.

Stephanie said...

I am able to "work from home" too on occasion, but for me that just means checking email every so often and responding if needed. I don't think there's anyway I could do my job fully from home, at least with kids around. I agree with you, as nice as it sounds, I like coming in to the office. And we got married on 4th of July! I hear ya on not wanting to deal with the traffic over the holiday weekend though. That's the worst!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i loved divergent but i couldn't stand the other 2 books so i never finished the series :(

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Shannon said...

I wish I could work from home. I'm a manager and have a lot of people who report to me, so I'd be pretty useless from my house, but if I could do it 1-2 days a week, I'd be in heaven!

And LOL to Hunter loving Daddy.

Ashley said...

So glad your hubby is feeling better!!
That is too funny about your son!!! Little bum!!
I think if I had to work right now I would only want to do it from home, although I see your point about getting out of the house!! Lol

Have a great weekend!!

princessapr said...

I worked from home both days as well. I'll have the option to work from home one day a week or come back to work gradually after the baby. I'll have to reorganize how I work, but I'm thinking about it. I don't prefer to work from home though. I wouldn't mind working all week. I'd actually rather work partial days if I won the lottery or something. LOL

Sarah said...

I really want to read those books, but interesting perspective on them. :)

Fiona said...

So glad to hear that Kristian is starting to feel better everyday. That must be so tough for all of you. Hopefully he will be back to his old self soon.

haha too funny about Hunter just saying Love you Daddy!! Toddlers, always trying to wind us up! :)